IMPORTANT INFORMATION - EFFECTIVE November 20, 2021
We care deeply about the privacy of our visitors and users, and we are fully committed to protect your personal information and use it properly in compliance with data privacy laws. This policy describes how we may collect and use personal information, and it describes the rights and choices available to our visitors and users regarding such information.
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
Some of the information we collect through this Site may be “personal information”—information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. Other information may be non-personally identifiable, such as information collected by cookies.
By using this Site, you are consenting to the collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of your information as described in this Policy (and any Privacy Notices that apply to you). If you have questions about this Policy, or any Privacy Notice, please contact us using the information provided below.
OUR TERMS OF SERVICE
This Policy is part of the Terms of Service that govern your use of this Site. A link to our Terms of Service is provided here and at the bottom of each page of this Site.
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. This Policy describes some of your choices, such as your choice to opt out of receiving “cookies.” We may ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your information.
You may change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your information. If at any time you wish to be taken off our mailing lists or have any of your information removed, please contact us using the information provided below.
The Site may collect some information from you (“Identifier Information”) to allow you to use and access our services, products and materials.
Identifier information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, or an online identifier.
Types of Information
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you sign up for our email list
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction
- NOTE: All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase an item
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information
What do we use it for?
Generally, we use the information we collect through this Site:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use this Site;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable Privacy Notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us; and
- for good faith compliance with the law, a court order or a subpoena.
How long is information retained?
We generally retain your information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. We retain contact information of our clients for as long as they are clients or until they ask us to remove their information.
How is information collected?
- Information You Manually Provide. The Site collects the information you manually provide (using your keyboard, mouse, or touchpad) when you use this Site. For example, we collect the information you provide when you request service, send us questions, or otherwise interact with this Site. Some of the information you manually provide may be personal information, such as your name and contact information. When a contact becomes a booked client, I will ask to add that contact to my email list and notify him/her so that he/she can update personal settings and email preferences.
- Information from your browser or device. The Site collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings. The information we receive from your web browser and device typically is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
- Cookies (a) Collect data about the way you interact with our Site (e.g., when you use certain features), (b) Collect data to assess and improve our advertising campaigns, and (c) Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Services (including the length of your web or application session) and the location from which you access the Services, so that we can improve the Services and learn which elements and functions of the Services are most popular with our users. You can manage your cookie’s data through your web browser’s settings. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, go to https://www.allaboutcookies.org/. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may or may not function properly.
- Web beacons or pixels. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, these are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page. Information collected by, for example, the Facebook Pixel may be used for marketing purposes.
- Social widgets. These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget and are controlled by the third parties.
- UTM Source codes. These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator,” which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when you move from one web page or website to another. Basically, the string can represent information about your browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent you to the receiving website.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Keep in mind, we do not sell, license, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third-parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
We respect your right to access, correct, request restriction or deletion or request of our usage of your personal information and data collected as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. After verification of identity you have the right to:
- know what personal information and data we maintain about you
- request a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- request update to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete
- request we cease our processing of your personal information and data
- request us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. At this time, we do not have a DNT signal policy. Until further privacy regulations and guidelines are published, we will adhere to this policy.
Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors over time and across nonaffiliated websites and/or delivering targeted advertisements either on this Site or on other websites.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Op-Out browser add-on.
DATA PROTECTION PLAN
We take a number of steps to protect your data, but no security is guaranteed.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Site, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us by secure servers. We have included common indications of such secured features when appropriate such as a closed lock icon in your web browser.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
DATA PROCESSING AGREEMENTS
The list below shows what third parties this Site works with to process necessary personal information and why that information is used.
- Google Analytics (website traffic analysis)
- Mailchimp (mailing list, subscriptions)
- Squarespace (booking, mailing list, subscriptions)
- Paypal (online purchases)
- Stripe (online purchases)
- Facebook (website traffic analysis)
- Instagram (website traffic analysis)
- Google Reviews (website reviews)
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails, you can email us at mark@MarcoFossalto.com or:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
CHILDREN'S PRIVACY - COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
You must be at least 13 years old to have our permission to use this Site. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about visitors under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use this Site.
We do not let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13.
The Site may display personal testimonials of yours from time to time received via email or as otherwise received from you by the Site. If you would like the Site to remove your testimonial or customer review at any time, please simply contact us at the information included within this Policy, and we will promptly do so.
SURVEYS AND CONTESTS
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore whether or not to disclose information sought by such surveys or contests. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
This Policy shall be governed under the laws of New Jersey, United States of America, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
DATA PROTECTION INQUIRIES
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our notice or if you believe our notice or applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information have not been respected, you can file a complaint with us directly, and we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response. We may request additional details from you regarding your concerns and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and address your issue(s). Records will be kept of any requests.
FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used; for example, we use MailChimp to send out marketing emails.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Effective November 20, 2021
Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about the use of the website, such as pages visited, traffic sources, users’ interests, content management, and other website measurements.
Functional Cookies. These cookies enable the website to remember a user’s choices – such as their language, user name, and other personal choices – while using the website. They can also be used to deliver services, such as letting a user make a blog post, listen to audio, or watch videos on the website.
Media Cookies. These cookies can be used to improve a website’s performance and provide special features and content. They can be placed by third parties who provide services to us or by our company.
Advertising or Targeting Cookies. These cookies are usually placed and used by advertising companies to develop a profile of your browsing interests and serve advertisements on other websites that are related to your interests. You will see less advertising if you disable these cookies.
Session Cookies. These cookies allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping cart as they browse a website. Session cookies also permit users to be recognized as they navigate a website so that any item or page changes they make are remembered from page to page. Session cookies expire after a browser session; thus, they are not stored long term.
Persistent Cookies. These cookies are stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions, which allows the user’s preferences or actions across a site (or, in some cases, across different sites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes, including remembering users’ choices and preferences when using a website or to target advertising to them.
• Identifying the areas of our website that you have visited
• Personalizing content that you see on our website
• Our website analytics
• Remarketing our products or services to you
• Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details
• Targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests
• Affiliate marketing
• Allowing you to post comments
• Allowing you to share content with social networks
We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of our website and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers, members, and visitors.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS PRIVACY NOTICE
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our website, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic, remarket our products and services to users, improve our marketing, advertising, and to improve our website. We have enabled Google Analytics advertising features such as remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our website, not your name or other identifying information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google.
Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our website. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, click here.
You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link.
Last Updated on 2021-11-20
Marco Fossalto Photography is a premiere husband and wife photography business offering a high quality portrait experience and specializing in children and family photography. Serving the New Jersey area including North Jersey (Bergen County, Passaic County, Hudson County, Essex County, Morris County, Sussex County, Warren County, Hunterdon County, Somerset County, Union County), New York, and Pennsylvania.